This 3 day course is aimed at people with no recognised flying qualification eg. BMFA ‘A’ certificate or better on helicopters, a British Gliding Association Bronze ‘C’ or better, or a Private Pilot’s Licence.
Included in the course is our high quality 200 page manual which covers in detail all of the CAA syllabus and more. Subjects covered are :
- Air Law
- Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- Classes of Airspace
- Aeronautical Chart Information
- Air Safety
- Flight Safety
- Aircraft Knowledge
- RPAS components
- RPAS navigational modes
- Human Factors
- Situational Awareness
- Decision Making
- Personality and Behaviour
- Stress and Fatigue
- Deployment Procedures
- Flight Reference Cards (FRCs)
- Deployment Survey (Mission Planning)
- On-site Survey (dynamic risk assessment)
- Pre-flight, Flight, Post-flight procedures
The above is not a complete list, we cover more than is required by the CAA.
Included with this course
- High quality 200 page + manual
- 3 day Ground School (CAA syllabus and more).
- Buffet lunches
- A free resit of the Ground School Examination (if needed)
- Two part flight Assessment
- Assistance with your application to CAA for PfCO.
- Review and guidance of your OPS manual.
- Skeye will provide a recommendation to CAA for the issue of PfCO on successful completion of the course.
In addition to the course you will need insurance for both the flight test and your CAA application.